The bond between parents and their baby is one of life’s joyous wonders. Taking time to bring touch and the calming effects of massage into your baby’s routine helps with the bonding process and helps to settle babies in need of sleep or coping with sickness.
We have sourced the highest quality certified organic virgin coconut oil from Sri Lanka and combined with the organic lavender essential oil. The result is a gorgeous relaxing oil blend that can be used not only as a massage oil but also for general skincare for baby and mum and dad.
Coconut oil is antimicrobial, antibacterial, and has antifungal properties; it is high in antioxidants and has a long history in general health, skin and hair care. It really is a remarkable oil and has numerous uses.
• Massage oil: Massage tips for baby – use very gently using soft strokes - massage the feet, gently up the legs, clockwise around the tummy, and laying baby on his or her tummy use gently strokes up and over the back. Cradling baby’s head in both hands massage the scalp with your fingertips (always avoid the fontanel). Using a slow and rhythmic approach will have baby relaxed in no time!
• Nappy barrier cream and to ease nappy rash. This is a gentle preventative and treatment.
• Cradle cap: Very easy and effective. Gently massage into the scalp and leave for 15 mins then gently brush flakes away
• Baby acne: Rub on red areas for a natural treatment
For Mum and Dad:
• General Skincare: Coconut oil absorbs quickly and doesn’t leave an oily residue. Use a small amount as a facial and full body moisturiser. It will solidify in colder temperatures so warm gently in the palm of your hand if needed
• Make Up Remover: Use as an eye-make up remover and help restore elasticity to the skin
• For Shaving: Using coconut oil as a shaving gel gives a smooth shave with no irritation leaving skin very soft. The antibacterial properties make it very effective in preventing skin infections
Note: This blend has been designed for babies using organic lavender essential oil at a suitable dilution rate. Some babies skin is sensitive to essential oils so we recommend you test this blend on a small patch of skin and wait a day before using, in the unlikely event irritation occurs do not use.